Sunday, January 3, 2016

Day 3, January 3: Thankful for another chance with Silent Night

I love Silent Night. I have several happy/sentimental memories related to this song.  This year Ely had only one mass on Christmas Eve at 4 pm, no 8 pm (my usual mass) so I went Christmas Day when my mom sang. After communion the shut off the lights and we sang Silent Night. It didn't work for me - singing this beautiful song in the middle of the day. Actually made me a little crabby.

Tonight I went to the Sunday night mass at my church and we sang Silent Night at communion. First the church was decorated beautifully - I think I counted over 100 pointsettias on the alter alone. Second it was night and third the cantor had a great voice.  All of this made my second chance at Silent Night perfect.  And for that I am thankful. 
Photo from the Epiphany Facebook page 

No comments:

Post a Comment